Head Quarters DeLancy's Mill
14th Nov[embe]r 1776.
After Orders 1/2 past 4.
The 16th and 17th Dragoons will furnish a Patrole [sic] of an Officer and 16 Men each on the road to West Chester, and in the White Plain Road, at about half a Mile from Head Quarters.
September 26, 1776 - June 2, 1777
[Captain Henry Knight, Aide-de-Camp to General Howe]
[New York Historical Society Collection, Mss. page 97]