Head Quarters De Lancy's Mill
15th November 1776.
Three Parties of a Corporal and Six Dragoons each [are] to take post at Major General Grants Quarters, at Williams's House near the Encampment of the 23d Regiment and at the Post occupied by the Picquet of the 16th Dragoons. The whole [is] to be under the direction of an Officer of the day, of the Dragoons.
September 26, 1776 - June 2, 1777
[Captain Henry Knight, Aide-de-Camp to General Howe.]
[New York Historical Society Collection, Mss. page 99.]